Monday, February 21, 2011

Cracked

I cracked under the pressure. Forgive me.  Creating something everyday was just too much for me to handle.




  Before today I have not even looked at this blog since the last day I posted back in November.  I felt shame for starting something and not finishing it.  

A little backstory to fill you in and then I will get back to the business of creativity.  As stated in my profile, I was in sales and lost my job over the summer.  I felt a plethora of emotions ranging from elation over being free from the rat race, to panic at how I would provide for me and my daughters.  I decided to finish my teaching credentials, something I had started before getting the sales job. I am very close to being done with two special education credentials.  I re-enrolled in graduate school and around the time of my last blog entry, panic started to set in as I had several papers/projects that were coming due and I had been putting them off.  Can you blame me?  When given the choice of making a hair fascinator and batch of to-die-for cookies, or writing a 10 page paper on differentiating instruction for english language learners.... I always chose the option that was more fun.  Not always a wise choice.  So, between Thanksgiving and Christmas I was doing research and writing papers.  I suppose I could have posted those things on the blog, as I did create the papers myself, but I would have lost the throngs of followers who frequent this blog. 
 So, here we are in February and I have only today found the courage to forgive my lapse in consistently blogging.  I think that I am starting to feel in control a bit more these days as I am once again gainfully employed.  I am this close (hold thumb and index finger one inch apart) to being done with my 2 credentials, but cannot afford to finish.  I am a little disappointed to be so close to something and unable to finish, but it is just something I will have to complete later. There are massive layoffs in teaching right now, so I guess I don't feel like I am turning my back on a sure bet as far as job security goes. At the beginning of the year I sent out resumes and finally got a job back in the wonderful world of sales.  So, feeling immense relief that my girls and I once again have health insurance, and once again can afford our pimpy lifestyle of paying rent and eating 3 squares a day - I am back to the world of creativity and blogging about it.  I will go easier on myself this time and commit to creating at least one new thing a week- daily is just not going to happen.  I have missed the world of blogging, both the writing of and reading of blogs that inspire creativity.  I hope you can forgive my absence and find it in your heart to once again tune in to see what I make from scratch or what treasures I find at the local thrift store.

Now on the creative part.  I got the Instagram app on my iphone and have been having fun taking pictures lately.  Here are a few of my favorites:


My kids at the beach.
Sunset.
Taken from the end of the Santa Monica Pier.




1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad you are back! Glad your are employed! Glad you have health insurance! hehe :) I can't wait to see what you come up with...

    Janice

    ReplyDelete