Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 2: Chenille Baby Rattle

Today was quite the busy day! I actually made a few things but have to add finishing touches on a couple of them tomorrow. With coffee in hand and plenty of ideas flowing, I wasted no time getting to work on a light blue chenille baby rattle. I love this coffee mug, it always reminds me to try to find the joy in the moment, as it is the journey and not the destination that makes up our life stories. Find the peace amidst the chaos.



I bought 3 different colors of chenille: pink, blue, and cream color. To make the rattle noise I picked up some large jingle bells to stuff in the bird. The pattern suggested a marble in an old pill bottle, that was just a little too ghetto for me so I decided to go with a brand new festive jingle bell.




I am not going to lie on this blog, I will share with you my mistakes as almost every item I sew has been taken apart and redone at least once. On the bird rattle I sewed the wings on going in the wrong direction. Got my trusty seam ripper out and took the stitches out. Hate when that happens. Luckily it didn't take too long to fix. After I sewed and stuffed the bird I hand stitched the last part shut and added the eyes. Turned out pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment