Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 3: Little Things

Ever have one of those days where you have your hand in so many things that at the end of the day you have nothing really significant to show for it, except for a few half done things?? Well, today is one of those days. I had to do a little fabric shopping for a job that I got making baby items for an upcoming baby shower. I will be making some cute things over the next couple of days, check back in to see what they are! Got the fabric, washed it to pre-shrink, picked up my daughter from school, then had to head off to school myself! I am almost done with my special education teaching credential. Yay! I did get a few little crafts done during the day. I managed to sew a little, paint a little, and burn a little organza. The sewing project got trashed. In my head it was a really cute headband with pink ruffles, but when it came out of my head it wasn't pretty. But I did manage to make this cute little flower:



This flower is really cute attached to a hair pin or headband. This is made from different colors of organza that is cut into a circle and the edges are then burned to give the curling effect. Then you just poke a brad thru the layers and you are done!
I also painted some little wooden beads to look like eyeballs



I have these little jars that the eyeballs will go in for Halloween. I will post a pic of the finished product this week.

Time for school. I am bummed because I am thinking that all creativity will be put on hold during class. This was the first night of the new term and the teacher planned a little ice breaker activity. She talked about the importance of imagination as it pertains to literacy and fostering a love of reading in kids. My ears perk up as she expounds on the virtues of creativity. She then whips out her box of legos (being a teacher is the best, how many other graduate level courses involve legos??). She gives everybody a little pile and tells us to create something that pertains to our lives.
Here is my lego creation:

No comments:

Post a Comment