Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 5: Busy

I am going to keep this entry short and sweet because I am tired from the days activities. I will summarize in brief my day: sick kid (no vomit this time, see Day 5 posting), doctor's appointment, sewing, assemble dog house, grocery store, laundry, grocery store, pharmacy, pick up other kid, sewing,decorate for halloween, cooking, baking, pharmacy, sewing, glass of wine, blogging. Todays creations were all so fun to make and filled me with a deep sense of satisfaction at the end of the day.

Here is the dog house I assembled:



After getting the dog, Missy, acquainted with her new digs I did a little sewing. These are bibs for my friends twin nieces. The bibs are supposed to look like they have necklaces on them, one ruby and one emerald.



Then later in the day I had to make some dinner, so I made a delicious chicken noodle soup from scratch. Made the chicken broth too. It is the best soup ever!! The recipe is from All Recipes, but I alter it a bit. For starters I make my own broth by boiling chicken in a pot with water (duh!) and a bunch of spices and some veggies. I then strain out the veggies and chicken and cleverly blend the veggies and put back into the broth so my kids get the nutrition and I get to avoid any whining about too many veggies in the soup.







And by special request I made a pumpkin roll. Which is pumpkin cake with a cream cheese filling, rolled up and sliced. Yes, it is yummy!!





I did more sewing after dinner but have been forbidden from photographing it by my daughter Hannah. I have been working on her costume and am allowed to take pics on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment